Thursday, October 29, 2015

Trick or Treat Craftin'

Halloween Treats for the School

I had a wonderful Sunday afternoon wreath making at a friends house.  I wanted to keep the fun going so I prepped the paper and the treats and the kids and I sat down at the kitchen table to craft.

I can tell you that Julia will sit with me for hours pasting and drawing etc.  She worked diligently on her 27 treats for the class and I was proud watching her glue her tags and write (in cursive I might add) her Happy Halloween message.

Coulter on the other hand, does not sit still for quite as long but he is always eager to listen and please his mom.  He wrote his name on all 16 halloween tags along with his sister.  What a good boy!

The treats were very simple.  Two mini freezies wrapped with an adorable paper from Crate Paper (including many Halloween words).  The tags were then fastened to the treats with bakers twine.  Not too much but just enough for the kids I believe.  To me the exercise was about teaching my children the importance of thinking of others and taking the time to show we care about them.  It is not about ME rushing around for them to get the job done.  As I get older, I think (and hope!) I am figuring out what this life is ALL about.  Score one for the good guys.  Remember....no tricks only treats!

Kim

PS....We have amazing 12x12 paper grab bags for $2 this week and many items added to our clearance table.  It's all beautiful product that has been in the store...just time to make room for all the new!  Check out the treats.

Store Hours
Wed-Fri - 10am-5pm
Sat - 10am-3pm

No comments: