Friday, December 18, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
FYI...Basic Grey is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. The order will include items from their two new lines...Origins and Sugar Rush!
The CK Etsy team will be setting up shop and selling some fantastic product tonight too! You are sure to find some amazing items for people on your list! Stop in and say hello and share some Christmas cheer with your fellow paper crafter!
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
I will keep my post short and sweet because I know how busy this time of the year is. You will want to make time to stop in this week and take advantage of our TAX FREE EVENT. Don't forget to fill out your wish list early and then send in your ♥loved ones♥ b4 Saturday to make the most out of those hard earned dollars!
Store Hours.... Tuesday-Friday 10am-5:30pm and Saturday 10am-3pm.
PS....I am working on some very secretive things at the store. Let's just say I need to educate myself on some "products" over the next couple of days...it's like a whole new language! I will fill you in once I talk to the EXPERTS.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Allow me to introduce....
William Douglas Deline
Born on Thursday, November 26th
Weighing in at 8 pounds 8 ounces
and 20.5 inches!
I finally got to meet this little guy this afternoon (and I didn't want to post without a picture!). He is SO adorable and has that amazing new baby smell. Kell looks great and is such a proud mamma!! Her husband, Matt is just beaming too. It was SO nice to see the little family together after such a long wait. I know Kell is SO excited for you all to meet him!
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Hi everyone! One quick post before you will be seeing picture of Kell's sweet babe! That's right...today is the day (I think). I am saying I think because they planned to break her water this morning at 8am but there were no birthing rooms available so she is on hold until this afternoon! (FYI...Kell is standing beside me at this exact moment and she said they are calling her at 3PM to tell her more!) Honestly, that baby is TOO comfortable in there for sure!
So I have been wanting to post something about shopping locally for some time now and now I have the perfect reason to. Have a look at the poster for all the details. Basically, tomorrow night there will be handmade show at Eve Chocolatier from 7-10pm. Now these Chatham-Kent Etsy girls are amazing and we all know that Pauline's chocolate is the best so don't miss this great chance to shop locally AND handmade (and I know we all appreciate handmade products!)
So I don't want to abuse this blog and preach about shopping locally but I think some of you may be unaware of some of the cute, hip and just plain amazing stores we have in this town. Many of the stores carry items that are featured in magazines as their top picks too! Here are some of my favourites (this list is not inclusive but those that I am thinking about at this very moment):
- Ella Minnow Pea (King Street)- OK...if you are looking for GREAT toys, this is THE store for you. She carries toys made of recycled products, wooden toys, vintage toys and even some adorable clothing.
- Barrypatch Collectables (King Street)- If you have a pottery lover on your Christmas list, Barb has probably the best collection of local potters. There are also great dips to go along with your pottery pieces.
- Eve Chocolatier (King Street) - As mentioned, Pauline specializes in handmade chocolate truffles and other unique designs including white chocolate dipped marshmallow snowmen!
- Sonya Roe Jewellers (King Street) - I just drool every time I walk by Sonya's window....she always has the best windows. She carries a range of jewellery from $20 sterling silver earrings up to diamond rings worth $1000. Hopefully you have been good this year and you can get something from her!
- Boys N Herd (King Street)- Let Eddie help find the perfect gift for that special guy in your life. Maybe you will even be lucky enough to get a little advice about life from this very knowledgeable man.
- Smith's Cycle and More (Thames Street) - Looking to buy a bicycle for your child or family member? Todd will not only sell you a great quality product but he will also let you trade in that same bicycle once it has been outgrown.
Well, that gives you a good start anyways. Like I said, this is not a complete list of great stores (I could go on and on but I am suppose to be working on invites here and not blogging!). I dare you to look around and see what hidden gems you can find!
PS...The Kaiser Craft desk calendars have arrived! They are $16.50 and a great gift idea!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
I've used mainly Making Memories "Mistletoe" Christmas paper and embellishments, I love every bit of it! The other three papers I used were Jillibean Soup's "can tomato soup", g.c.d. "snowflake" and My Mind's Eye "under the tree", they all work so great together!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
There are still spots available in our upcoming classes. Please see the post below for details and give me a call at the store if you are interested (519.351.5220). Don't miss out! Each class is filled with LOTS of technique.
Cards by Linda - Thursday, November 26
Cards by Pauline - Tuesday, December 1
Cards by Debbie - Thursday, December 3
2 Page Scrapbooking by Kim - Monday, December 14
PS...STILL NO BABY!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Our Truly Lovely Open House
As usual, advanced payment is required to reserve a spot in our classes. You can stop in to pay or call with a credit card number. This MUST be done within 48 hours of reserving your spot or it will be released to the first person on the waiting list. If you cannot make the class after paying, it is your responsibility to find a replacement. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL OR COMMENT ON THE BLOG TO RESERVE A SPOT.
Cards by Debbie....
Debbie's cards are going to make you ask, "How'd she do that?" Once again these cards are filled with tons of techniques from embossing, using decorative punches, working with specialty papers and pens, glitter and more. Have a look. These cards speak for themselves.
Dates: Tuesday, November 24th OR Thursday, December 3rd
If you haven't designed your cards for this year, you may want to grab one of these ideas! Pauline has created two elegant cards for Christmas. You will work with ribbon, Spellbinders dies, decorative punches, pencils, glitter glossy accents and more.
These are two whimsical and cheery Christmas cards sure to make anyone smile. Learn shading techniques using pencils and gamsol, use liquid pearls, ribbon, decorative papers, punches, etc. Great class for a beginner or anyone looking to make adorable cards!
Dates: Thursday, November 26th OR Wednesday, December 2nd
Required Supplies: scissors, adhesive
Suggested Supplies: coloured pencils
FINALLY, a two 12x12 page layout class that is sure to appeal to both scrapbookers AND stampers. There will be a lot of ink and stamps used in this class but don't be afraid, I will help you every step of the way! The coolest thing that we will be using are Heidi Swapps' masks to create our background...there is no chipboard or stickers here! We will also work with decorative papers, stardust pens, jewels, glitter, embossing, various embellishments and more!
Suggested Supplies: paper trimmer
Friday, November 6, 2009
- Well the ribbon jars are filled to the brim.
- NEW Unity Stamps are in the house! Scrapbookers...you are going to l0vE these!
- Our ink order has arrived (Yes....even the Versamark Dazzles and Black Staz On!)
- Our Stampingbella Christmas stamps are here. (Did we mention Linda will be doing demos using Stampingbella stamps, copics and pencils between 1 and 3pm?)
- The store is filled with tons of great cardstock and paper.
- What else have I forgotten? Stop in and see!
Hope to see you all on Sunday!!
Monday, November 2, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
There are still spots available for the following classes:
Cards by Debbie - TONIGHT at 6PM (October 21)
Canvas Class - Saturday October 31 @ 10:30AM. Please note that if you are interested in this class but are unable to attend, we are selling kits for $35. Just give me a shout at the store if you would like one.
Cards by Pauline - ONE spot left on Wednesday November 4th @ 6PM
There are MORE new items in store. All of the items I listed in the last post have arrived.
- Basic Grey's Nook & Pantry is here!
- Unity Stamps are here!
- EK border punches are here.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Without further ado, here are the classes for the month. But I should say that if you are looking to pick up some new techniques, then anyone of these classes are for you! Each class is jam packed with tips and tricks on how to use some new product or just how to use some of the old classics in different ways to get the most out of them.
How to Sign up?
- Call the store as soon as you can! 519.351.5220...do NOT email
- Reserve your spot by paying over the phone with a credit card or stop in within 48 hours of calling and pay in person.
- Notes...any spots not paid for within 48 hours will be released and offered to the first person on the waiting list. You are responsible for finding a replacement should you not be able to attend after paying.
Be Who you Want to Bee - by Kim
Recognize these two cuties? Attention scrapbookers (or anyone) looking for a super cute gift this Christmas! This canvas wall hanging is full of life and colour! The moment I took these photos I knew they had to be featured in a project and they had to be in colour not my usual sepia tones. Sometimes you just need a little colour to make you smile...
This project has three 6x6 canvases that connect using metal brackets. You will work with beautiful decorative papers, wire, glitter, glossy accents, peel offs, chipboard, Heidi Swapp's invisibles and so much more. Great for paper crafters of all levels!Date: Saturday October 31st
Required Supplies: 2-4x6 photos, scissors, adhesive, pencil
Suggested Supplies: Personal trimmer,
Cards by Linda
Christmas is here!! The first card features Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses paper line along with some paper you make your self using Adirondack inks. Other techniques include working with Tombow markers, Nestabilities, twine, bling, distressing and more. The second card also incorporates a spritzing technique while working with Cut & Dry Foam, Tombows, pearl ex powders and more. You will also work with liquid pearls, Versamark Shimmers pads, embossing powders, etc. Elegant cards sure to knock the socks off your family and friends!
Dates: Wednesday, October 28th OR Thursday November 5th
Required Supplies: scissors, adhesive
Cards by Pauline
Hey, I didn't know you could do that with that product! This is what you will all be saying after Pauline's class.
The thank you card teaches you how to work with nestabilties in a whole different way. This card features a gorgeous Penny Black stamp coloured with Mementos and accented with Peel Offs, krylon pens and gorgeous cardstock. The second card also shows you how to use Sakura's Gellyroll pens in a way you are not use to. Techniques include watercolouring, shading with inks, working with Glitter sprays, nestabilities and ribbon.
Dates: Tuesday, October 20th OR Wednesday, November 4th
Required Supplies: scissors, adhesive
Cards by Debbie
You asked for it, you got it! Some seasonal cards that are full of technique. Debbie's autumn card uses my favourite Indian Summer paper, peel off's, nestabilities, bling, ribbon, eyelets, acetate....and the list could go on and on.
The Crystalized wreath card also boasts of using many techniques and products. You will work with MANY Distress embossing powders, ribbon, bling, the stamp positioner and pop dots.
Dates: Wednesday, October 21st OR Tuesday, October 27th
Required Supplies: scissor, adhesive
Suggested Supplies: piercing tool, self healing mat, Glaze pens (for autumn card)
Monday, October 12, 2009
- Crate Paper (Cottage, North Pole and Bliss)
- My Mind's Eye (Abbey Road, Colourful Christmas, etc.)
- GCD (too many to list....♥ this company!)
- Art Glitter - Our glitter is FINALLY restocked and waiting to settle on the tip of your nose when you are least expecting it to.... (=
- Penny Black - her Christmas line is the best I have see in years.
- Many of our tried and true stamps are back in stock from companies like Verses, Hero Arts and many more.
Items arriving THIS week (Don't worry...I will post when they arrive):
- Basic Grey's new Nook and Pantry (yey!)
- EK Success' boarder punches
- Unity Stamp Company!
- And more...
We are in the process of finalizing our line up of projects. We will be posting the schedule Wednesday morning (October 14th). Sorry for the delay ladies!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
LAST CHANCE on...
- The Zonta's Christmas Card Making Extravaganza! There are only a few tickets left for this Saturday's event. It is at the college and it is from 10AM-4PM. Tickets are $40 which includes lunch, a $15 tax receipt and you will walk away with 6-10 projects and a ton of tips and tricks from the pros! Please call the store if you are interested in tickets (more details below). I caught a sneak peek at Kell's card for the event and it is GORGEOUS!
- Helping at the Zonta's Christmas Card Extravaganza. The amazing Mary H. of Stampin' Up is looking for a helper for the day. If you are interest, you will receive $50 in Stampin' Up product of your choice. Please call the store if you are willing and able! 519.351.5220
- Our Clearance Sale! If you haven't heard, we are having an amazing sale on all our clearance items...Take an additional 50% off all clearance, including bling cardstock (now 13 cents!), decorative paper (4 for $1.00) and many other things. I have just received a close out order I have been waiting for from Crate Paper. This order was suppose to be here at the beginning of the week but you know what this means?! New clearance items for Friday and Saturday! Stop in and check out the discounted paper and chipboard! PS...the new lines from Crate are here too!
- Tickets! This last chance item I am posting for a friend. She has two Eighth row tickets for the Keith Urban concert at The John Labatt Centre for Thursday, October 1st! She is selling the pair for $250!!! That is a great price (I would hate to tell you what I paid for my 5th row ticket for that same concert!) Kell and I are going to the concert to test and see if her lil' pickle is a country fan! Again, call me at the store if you are interested.
- More Tickets! Again, I have tickets to an event this Saturday in Toronto. It is the Toronto Maple Leafs vs. the Detroit Red Wings. They are in Section 109 and they 25 rows from the ice. Four tickets available. Regular $196 each and now half price. Give me a call 351.5220
Sorry for all the information but I would hate for these great opportunities to pass you by!
Monday, September 21, 2009
All previously reduced product has been reduced by ANOTHER 50%!
- We have great scrapbooking papers - 4sheets for $1!
- All bling card stock is now only 13 cents!
- All guest books, thank you cards and imprintables are 50% off!
- Tons of random scrapbooking and stamping products at up to 75% off!
Lots of great product! Stop in and check it out! Sale end this Saturday, September 26th.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
I have never done this before (due to limited shelf space) but I ordered each and EVERY paper from the Indian Summer line because I ♥d it SO. I also brought in the card kits, and complete collection kits. Have a look at this paper....doesn't it just make you smile and think of those warm autumn days that we all treasure?
I received a nice sampling of papers from the Eerie line as well as some great clear stamps, card kits, glazed brads and rub-ons. This halloween paper from Basic Grey has just the right amount of 'creep' and 'class'.
The Eskimo Kisses collection is just adorable. It has a nice mix of tradition and funk. The gorgeous magenta, teals and greens are very nice. A quick call to Kell this morning, to share my news about the order, had her rushing to the store to grab some papers to possibly use for her card for the Zonta Card Extravaganza. PS...there are still tickets available but they are moving fast. Stop in and pick yours up today! I ordered in the brads, card kits, stamps, mini pads, etc.
What an exciting day! And this wasn't all...there are still TWO boxes from various companies waiting for me to dig into them!! Can you guess what else may be in store?
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Required Supplies: Fine Scissors or exacto knife, adhesive
Suggested Supplies: Scor-pal, paper piercing tool and piercing ruler, pencil, paper trimmer
Dates: Tuesday September 22 OR Thursday October 8th
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Basically you will move in small groups from project to project throughout the day learning techniques, socializing and having fun. By the end of the day, you will have 6-10 completed projects and it only costs $40 with lunch included! We have participated in the past and we have had so much fun. I know you will too.
Tickets are available at the store. Come and see me with cash in hand and I will get you registered. This is certainly one event you will not want to miss!
New Product watch....nothing arrived today but I am hoping to see Cosmo Cricket tomorrow...cross your fingers! I will post news the moment something arrives.
Friday, August 28, 2009
Well it's all happening at The Paper Pickle and some of the customers that were in yesterday can attest to that! Honestly, the counter was completely FULL of new product. I had an order of Stampingbella come in. I have to say that the sweetest stamp had to be the Ketto dolly! There were also a few very cute Christmas trees.
I also received an order from Maya Road. Oh how we have missed you! Some of their classic chipboard albums are now back in stock...albums like the square and rectangular albums as well as a few new things like the dino coaster album and these to die for bottle caps that would make the perfect embellishment to any canvas or album or very, very cool magnets for that matter.
A huge order of Spellbinders has arrived. I have some of the new pendants in as well as the classics. You will have to check out my new display too. Looks much better to tell you the truth.
We also have some staples back in including liquid applique (I don't know who did something with that out there in blogland but we had a huge run on that stuff!), glossy accents, all the Ranger Distress Inks, etc.
Just as an FYI, Cosmo Cricket has hit my credit card. That means new products will be arriving ANY DAY....maybe even Tuesday!
Sorry I haven't been too vocal on the blog lately. I know some of you have wondered where I have been. Well I have had my head down...working. As you know, Kell has been working at the"Pickle Station" for the summer and I have been on my own at the store (are any of you having one of those 'ah ha' moments...yes, that is where our name came from). So needless to say, life has been a little busy for me.
I have also been busy ordering from companies like Crate Paper, Basic Grey, Pink Paislee, Inkadinkado, Penny Black and more! I WILL keep you posted as these companies arrive!
Just a quick not on classes. I am working with our amazing teachers right now to get classes organized for September. They are busy creating gorgeous projects for you to learn and enjoy. Classes will most likely resume the week of September 14. I will post details as they are ironed out.
Hope everyone is having a great summer!
Monday, July 27, 2009
Here are some of the products that are in my radar. Don't let this sway your votes or decisions. This is just a little preview of what you will definitely be seeing in the store in the next month or so.
- I was surfing a little tonight and know that Cosmo Cricket's new line called 'Jolly by Golly' is a MUST! I also like some of their papers from the 'Earth Love' collection. Have I missed anything?
- I have to say that My Mind's Eye is BACK! Their new lines called 'Abbey Road', 'Colourful Christmas', 'The Merry Days of Christmas', 'The Spider's Web', etc. are all amazing. I think we need one of each! What do you think?
- Basic Grey is always a must. Check out Eskimo Kisses. I actually forgot my login so I was not able to get in and see all the new stuff. Darn 1000's of passwords in my life!
These are just a few of the companies I checked out. Let me know what you are thinking. Sorry if I got that Spice Girl's song stuck in your head now!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
- ALL Acrylic Albums
- 100's of rubber and polymer stamps
- Select Maya Road Albums
- And the list could go on and on...
We have also opened Bride&Joy for one week only and all remaining items are 75% OFF! There are still gift bags and wrap, great napkins, party supplies, greeting cards, and of course wedding accessories all at 75% OFF. Stop in and say hi and more importantly, SAVE!!Store Hours....Tues to Fri 10am-5pm AND Sat 10am-3pm
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Hurray! Are you guys ready to save big? As you know, we have two HUGE sales per year....one in the winter and one in the summer.
Stop in between July 7 and July 11 and enjoy amazing savings.
- Entire store is 25% OFF *Nestabilities are the only item that are excluded from this as we offer very competitive prices year round...BUT they are 15% off this week
- Hundreds of stamps 40% OFF including companies like Stampingbella (yeah!), Technique Tuesday, Impression Obsession, Amuse, Hero Arts, Stampington, American Art, Autumn Leaves, Fred Mullett, Inkadinkado, etc...
- Select paper and cardstock 50% OFF
- Sales tables with AT LEAST 50% OFF
As those of you know, we are quite sneaky at The pickle. We like to add items to our sales tables as the week moves along so make sure you stop in early and often!!!
Hope to see you soon!
Friday, June 12, 2009
Monday, June 1, 2009
Tuesday to Friday.....10AM - 5:00PM
Saturday......10AM - 3:00PM
The only change is that we will be closing half an hour earlier Tuesday through Friday (we are normally open until 5:30). This is typically a slower time of the year for us so I hope you understand our eagerness to get home and be with our families and maybe get a little gardening done before the sun goes down! Here is a picture of what I hope my backyard looks like by the end of August (wink!)
Friday, May 22, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Saturday night King Street and various sides streets will be closed and hundreds of cars race to get prime spots to park for the day. Thousands of people come out to see the cars and take advantage of the amazing shopping. Many of the stores are offering TAX FREE shopping. And we are no exception. Stop in any day this week and enjoy tax free savings. We also have a ton of amazing in store specials including 50% off the lowest price of items in our sales bin. I think I saw some items in there are 85% off!
Sunday you can visit the reason why Chatham is called Canada's Car Capital....RM Classic Car Exhibit is opening its door to the public. And for those of you who love "the hogs", stop in next door at Dukes Harley Davidson store. I have to admit I have never been to RM and I hope to venture in this weekend.
So for those of you that have never been to Chatham before, why not come and see the city at its best? Grab the keys to your dads MG, put the top down and enjoy the sunshine! Ans hey, why not stop by The Pickle to say hi....oh yeah...did you hear we had a secret? Just ask Kell what that's all about!