Wednesday, December 10, 2014

2014 Tag Exchange - You Guys ROCK!

Our second annual Christmas Tag Exchange took place at The Pickle!  We had TWO full groups this year (a total of 24 participants).  I have to tell you that I was absolutely thrilled with all the tags were.  I mean they were truly pieces of art!  I can't show you all the tags just yet (as the tags are only starting to be picked up today) and I want the participants to be surprised when they look in their goodie bags!  I do promise to share the tags (how about after the holidays?).

As a side note, Cupcake Red Velvet is a very nice full bodied red from California.
My sister Jen introduced me to this wine at her rehearsal party
a few years ago (how fitting!)
I can share my tag though.  I was quite excited to work with the new printed canvas ribbon we got in just recently.  When I first looked at it, it reminded me of a scarf. I loved the pattern and how distressed yet elegant it was.  This got me to thinking.....

I also knew that I wanted to make a different kind of tag, not necessarily one for a boxed gift and that also got me to thinking.....

I also knew that I like to give bottles of wine at Christmas but sometimes the wine bags from the LCBO just look tacky to me.  I mean some of those wine bottle labels are so pretty and should not be hidden in a cheap paper bag.  So that had me to thinking.....

Hey!  A wine bottle could use a pretty scarf/bow/packaging this time of the year!  It all came together with elegant ribbon, a rhinestone broach and (of course) paper and twine.  The stamp from Riley & Co was almost TOO perfect.  I was tempted to use the "He sees you when you're drinking..." stamp but decided this one would go better.  I stamped it with the new Memento Luxe pad (which is heavenly btw).  A little colour to the holly image on the stamp plus a subtle paper tape and the tag was complete.  What do you think?

Have a little fun wrapping your gifts this year.  Think outside the box (or bag)....I dare you!
Kim

Store Hours
Wed-Fri - 10am-5:30pm
Sat - 10-3pm

No comments: