Saturday, February 7, 2015

It's the MOST wonderful time of the YEAR!

Anyone who stops by my house this weekend, will find this sign on my door.  In other words, I will not be leaving the house and I couldn't be happier.

So many people complain this time of the year that there is NOTHING to do.  Honestly, I embrace and LOVE it for that very reason.  There are no flower beds and weeds calling my name.  There is no grass to cut.  There are no impromptu BBQs.  That means there is only ONE thing that can really be done this time of the year....CRAFTING and lounging around the house!

Last weekend I gathered my crafting supplies on Saturday and hoped to get to a few Valentine's cards that I was designing for the store and for The Purple Pansy Flower Boutique.  That sweet, sweet snow on Sunday was a sign from God to not leave the house.  The only thing that could be done (after tidying the house of course!) was to focus on card making.  I got a ton done and I did not feel guilty in the least.  Why is it that we feel guilty when we indulge in things that make us happy?  I've got to stop that.  Crafting makes me happy.  Crafting makes me feel alive.

I encourage you to spend the weekend in hibernation mode.  Make the MOST of this time of the year!  It is good for the soul (especially when you do not have all these other jobs calling your name).

Kim

Store Hours
Wed-Fri - 10am-5pm
Sat - 10am-3pm

No comments: