Friday, January 9, 2015

2014 Tag Swap - Get ready to be WOWED!



I heard a few of you were curious to see the creations from this year's tag exchange.  For those of you who participated, you would have seen only HALF of the entries as we had TWO full groups!  How cool.  For those of you who did not participate...shame on you!  Ha.  Just kidding.  But truly, I would love to see even MORE people take part in our exchange.  All of the tags were wonderful in their own unique and creative way.  I know YOU would be an amazing contributor to this FUN and calorie-free Christmas exchange.  Just think about it....you've got a little time.

Without further ado, here are the masterpieces.  Please note they are in no particular order (only the way blogger wanted to upload them).  Also, I will apologize in advance as my photos of the tags may not do them justice.  Please stop by the store to see them in person in all their glory.

I love Tania's little details from
the rhinestone on top of the patterned tree
 to the washi tape border.
The embossed background was also a wonderful touch.
Adorable.
I think Tim himself would give Jasmine two thumbs up
for her design and use of embellishments.
There are wooden snowflakes, burlap, raffia, twine and more.
Sewing on the burlap was a subtle yet perfect touch.
Rustic.  Classic.
Again it is the little details that make Lou's tag outstanding.
That little vintage lace at the top is perfection.
And check out the large eyelet and metallic charm.
Great job.  You have a great eye for colour.
Kathy's tag is one that MUST be seen in person.
Honestly every little detail was carefully thought out
from the wooden button to the jingle bells on top
to the tinsel snowflakes around the tree.
Truly a classic.
Is this tag not a work of art?  I may have to ask Pat just how she achieved that
perfect silver metallic finish on the skate blades.
Even the whites of the leather have been "roughed up"
a little.....definitely the skates of someone who loves the ice.
Incredible.
Erin's watercolour background and pastel colour choices
really made her tag stand out.  She even used embossing paste
and a MemoryBox stencil to add to the whimsical feel of the design.
This makes me happy.
I want to live in one of those cute little houses!
Jenny's tag is simple yet the perfect addition on any gift.
You can't see it here, but she used a glitter pen
to outline the stamped image.  What a great touch.
Very nice.
Carol's design is clean, elegant and classic.
The foil tapes in gold and silver are the perfect way to add to the design.
I will have to ask which embossing folder she used.
Perfect.
Ok.  How cute is this guy?
No matter how hard I tried it just kept fooling around while I took his picture!
Anyone would love how playful Carolyn's tag is!
Very charming.
Donna's creations are always so detail oriented and
 I have such an appreciation for her work.
This wreath was hand stitched!
The little holly stickers are perfectly in place.
Beautiful.
Debbie's tag is incredibly elegant.  It is full of regal sparkle and shine.
I love the use of gold mirror paper used on the candles and holly.
Is that pearlex powder that adds that beautiful shine to the snowflake background?
Very nice work.
Debbie just loves her little birds and so do I!
I love the layers of greenery, embossed background
and use of rhinestones and sequins.
It's like that little guy is looking up at the
25 and thinking "Yay.  It's here!"
This photo does not show it very well,
but the dimension on Helen's tag is really what makes it!
Check out the subtle stamped background, the waxed twine and gold flourish.
Very, very nice.
Hilary has always been my technique girl.
I will have to get all the details next time I see her
but I am pretty sure she used a stencil (or is a stamp?),
watercolour markers and a little pearlex powders
to create her one of a kind background.
 Ok and look at that adorable tag on a tag!
Great.
Barb is known for using only the prettiest papers.
Look at the gold mirror and pow glitter used on the ornament.
The paper piercing along the edge of the tag
and the white on white snowflake flourish
have to be my favourite aspects of the tag.
Beautiful.
After seeing Heather's tag, I almost changed my entire design.
I wanted to be FUN too!!
Look at this...it is simple yet so playful and cool.
Nice work, Heather.
Barbara has mentioned a couple of times about her love
of LaLa Land stamps and I was so pleased to see her tag entry.
Isn't she adorable?
The snowflake border, poinsettia and rhinestones are great!
Too fun.
What a wonderful choice of colour, Jody.  It is so pretty and elegant.
The shape also adds to it's classic design.
The shimmering snowflake and ribbon at the top are a great addition.
Gorgeous.
Anyone who likes to heat emboss MUST re-create Nancy's design.
She has die cut the reindeer, tree and flourish and has heat embossed
those three pieces PLUS the outer edge of both layers of the tag.
It is finished off with a beautiful blue wired ribbon and bell.
Rich and rustic.
I love how rustic and unique Becky's tag is!
She and her daughter cut out a star using card stock
and then used that template to cut a star out of real burlap!
The crafty buttons in such bright colours makes this tag so playful.
Such a sweet country craft.
Kell worried that her tag would not be "good enough".  Really?
Sorry for the glare off the foil washi tape but this tag is
regal, masculine and very on trend with its gold detailing.
The wired gold ribbon and bells are just a couple of the "wow" factors.
Gorgeous.
I loved how Jen put her own spin on the tag swap idea!
She did was she does best (baking)
while adding a little stamping fun!  The green background is a stamp!
Lovely AND delicious!
I had posted my tag before Christmas but I thought I should
include it here with the rest.  I too wanted to design something different.
Wine is one of those gifts I bring as hostess gifts
but I always hated throwing the pretty bottles in plain old bags.
This is where my idea come from!  And that stamp....love it!
All of these tags are now in store as they deserve to be on display for a little while.  So much work had gone into them from the design choices to the minute details.  I am so impressed with the amount of effort and love you have shared with your fellow crafters.  Now isn't THIS too what it is all about at Christmas?  Taking the time to enjoy your love of the hobby while creating something beautiful for someone else?  You get doubly rewarded when you craft....you are rewarded while doing the crafting and also rewarded once you see the recipient's reaction.  Ahhh....Keep on sharing that love!

Kim

Store Hours
Wed.-Fri. - 10am-5pm
Sat. - 10am-3pm

No comments: