Friday, March 20, 2009

Let the Birthdays Begin!

Growing up in our house, each Birthday was such a HUGE deal! And, it should be... that is your very own special day! There are 7 people in our family, and all Birthdays fall between March and June, so it seemed like almost every other week we were having another birthday party!


Now that our family has expanded so much (with 3 spouses and 4 kids), our birthday season runs a little longer... from March to August we celebrate 12 Birthdays! (the other 2 are right after Christmas). Talk about a run of Birthdays!!! No wonder why cake is one of my favourite foods!


On the weekend we celebrated Julia's, my Mom and Kim's Birthdays. I was SO excited to have a chance to get out all my supplies and make some cards! After I gave the gifts, I quickly took the cards back, to take pic's, and they've now ended up in the store... that seems to happen alot!





Happy Birthday Mom!

Once again I am LOVING orange! This patterned paper is from one of the new companies we ordered from (g.c.d.)
If you zoom in to the pic, you can see I sanded the edges of the core'dinations cardstock... I love this cardstock! We actually replaced most of our 12x12 cardstock to this! The inside colour is actually different, so if you sand it or tear it, it shows!
The bird stamp is from Inkadinkado, and the Happy Birthday from Amuse.


Happy Birthday Kim!
Isn't this stamp just too adorable?!?
It is from Hero Arts. I stamped it once on white cardstock, and again on a light yellow g.c.d. paper. (You can see where I pieced the bird, leaf, heart and flower).
I added some of those awesome Karen Foster Sparkle Brads in the centre of the flowers, and of course added a bit of glitter! The yellow polka dot background is again g.c.d...
Happy Birthday Jules!
What's better for a three year old's card , than a big 3-d sparkly cupcake and lots of PINK!
This card took almost no time! I used Maya Roads raw chipboard (in the cute tins), and painted each piece. Each piece is separate, so you build your own cupcake, whatever size you want! After painting, I covered "celebrate" and the heart with glitter! The top of the cupcake I used liquid applique first and then covered it with glitter!
The striped paper is g.c.d. AGAIN... Hmmm, I'm starting to notice a trend here... am I playing favourites!

2 comments:

LindaH said...

oh i'm loving that gcd paper!!!! especially the orange one! NEED IT!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Love your cards......... With all that glitter what is there for a girl not to love. I think I am in Ketto Heaven!!!! LOL