Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Daddy Daughter Dance 2018



Last Friday was the Daddy Daughter Dance and The Paper Pickle was there.  This is a big fundraiser for The Chatham-Kent Children's Safety Village.  The Safety Village is a non-profit who's purpose is to keep children safe through education and awareness.  My children have attended sessions at The Safety Village through their school and I am grateful.  We are very lucky to have them in our community.  And I wanted to give back.


This year, I prepped kits for 150 girls!  All supplies and my time are donated for this event.  The cards are kept very simple as there are girls ranging in age from 2-16.  I thought this line from Doodlebug was very appropriate.  


Now there are two reasons why I initially volunteered to be a part of this event.  First of all, I wanted to see why my daughter and husband look forward to this event each year.  They have been attending since it's inception (at least 4-5 years now) and would never dream of missing it!  I mean it must be pretty special.  Oh and is it ever!  The girls and dads are dressed up.  There is dancing (Shawn from PartyTime DJ is always there spinning the tunes), there is a photo booth by Captured Moments and two strips of photos are given to each - one for dad and one for daughter.  What a beautiful keepsake!  There is a sundae bar. There is pizza. There are flowers.  There are balloons.  It.  Is.  Adorable.

....best of all, you give me love. 

And the best part....and the reason why I offered to do this for a second year.......There is lots and LOTS of LOVE.....  Oh my goodness.  These next few photos are the reason why I run around like a wild woman sweating and helping and gluing and praising and laughing and smiling and.....

Love the curly font, Summer!

Bold and beautiful.

Best use of coloured pens and stamps.

Best in black and white.  Way to go Peyton!

Oh Bry....your love is apparent.
So yeah.  This is why I do it.  My heart was FULL after this event.  Thank you for the re-charge Barb and team at The Chatham-Kent Children's Safety Village.  See you next year!

♥  Kim

Store Hours
Wed-Fri - 10am-5pm
Sat - 10am-3pm

No comments: