Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Zonta - Christmas Card Making Extravaganza

The Paper Pickle Card
I had THE best time on the weekend at The Zonta Card Making Extravaganza.  The Paper Pickle has been apart of this fabulous event since the beginning ( 12+years I think).  There is a session in the spring and another in the fall.  You MUST check out the next one.

What do you think of the card I taught (found above)?  I never know what I am going to teach until I get playing around in my craft room.  Let me tell you, it gets a little stressful at times as I always want my card to be loaded with technique, be appealing to the ladies and not too rushed (you see we only have 30 minutes per group to complete).  I was proud at the way it turned out.

They Liked it!
This card was well received by the group!  We worked with oxide inks in peacock feathers, salty ocean and cracked pistachio to blend and create the background.  We then stamped the sheet music in faded jeans oxide ink.  I absolutely love these inks (as if you couldn't tell!).  They blend beautifully and stamp equally as well. 

The Process/Products Used
We then added a couple of great dies:


Spellbinders - Fa La La
Penny Black - Winter Snow Script
Then a few finishing touches including:  glitter, snowflake brad, sequins from Neat & Tangled and a little washi.  I love it!

The Team

Paper Pickle Power!
I couldn't have managed the day without my trusty sidekick, Julia.  Julia is my daughter and she is growing into a confident and beautiful young woman.  She has been apart of The Paper Pickle since she was 3 months old (remember the baby in the playpen at the end of the counter?  YES!  This is the same girl!).  She was the natural pick to help for the event since my sister Kell is busy cuddling with her new baby girl. 

You rocked it, girl!
Do you think she had fun?  I would say so!  This was my girl at the end of the day.  Energy to spare!! 

Christmas HAS Arrived (product anyways!)
Now we are not decorating the store until Remembrance Day has passed but we do have the store jam packed with incredible new product for your Christmas projects.  Here is a little sampling of the some dies that are similar to the one I used above. 

Spellbinders - Building a Snowman

Spellbinders - Deck the Halls


Spellbinders - Sledding
More Samples


Look at these incredible samples I found using the Penny Black and Spellbinders dies.  Wow.  Just wow.  I love seeing how others use the products I used.  It is amazing what can be created if you use your imagination and work with those beautiful hands.....

♥Kim

Store Hours
Wed-Fri - 10am-5pm
Sat - 10am-3pm

No comments: