Thursday, September 15, 2016

New Teacher Intro & CLASSES!

We have two wonderful classes lined up for September at The Pickle (and a nice series in the works for the remainder of the year).  

And how exciting?......We have a brand new teacher too! Have a read through Laura's bio.  We are so pumped to have a scrapbooking teacher again!  And one who has been published numerous times (check out page 29 of Creative Scrapbooker's Fall 2016 issue....yep.  Laura's fall layout called 'My Happy Place' is there!)

The beautiful, energetic and very creative, Laura Gilhuly
Bio & Note from Laura
Hi everyone! I am really excited to begin teaching at the Paper Pickle! I am looking forward to getting to know you and hope to see you soon!

I thought you may like to know a little bit about me....I am Laura. I am a stay at home mom to 2 fantastic and fun loving young men – Cody is 15 and Ty is 14.
I am happily married for 16 years to my best friend and awesome husband, Jon. He is hardworking, ambitious, determined and loving...I am creative, enthusiastic, emotional and passionate – together we make a great team! We own our own transport truck and he is a long haul driver so during the week, It is me and our boys and my scrappy stuff!!! I started scrapping years ago when my sister took me to a Creative Memories beginner class and I although I really enjoyed it, I just wasn't a Creative Memories scrapper and soon struck out on my own. I found a few very helpful and friendly sites on the web and have been trying new things and learning ever since. I really enjoy trying new things and creating projects! I create mostly 12x12 layouts but I do really enjoy creating off the page projects, cards and canvases...anything were I can ink and paint and play and get my hands messy!
With my husband on the road, and two boys to keep me busy, I don't have a lot of time to myself to scrap so I make time! Every night after the kids go to bed I take out my supplies and try and do something scrapbooking oriented every day to give me some 'me' time. My family is the focus of my life, my inspiration, and my motivation to scrapbook.
I have had the honor to be published many times in Creative Scrapbooker as well as many on line e-zines. I have also had the opportunity to work on a couple of manufacturers design teams as well as a couple of guest spots most recently for Petaloo and ScrapFX and a few kit clubs!!!

If you would like to check out my creations please stop by my blog and have a look around! http://angelbearscraps.blogspot.ca/ or check out my instagram https://www.instagram.com/lauragilhuly/?hl=en


See you soon!
Laura

----------

Without further ado, here are our September Classes.....


12x12 Beach Layout with Laura
Hi everyone! I am super excited to be teaching my first class here at the fabulous Paper Pickle! A fabulous distressed beach themed layout - perfect timing since summer is almost over.  Grab your favourite photo of summer 2016 or any beach photo from the past!


Date: Thursday, September 29
Time: 6-8pm
Cost: $25+hst


Required Supplies:
  • a paper trimmer
  • scissors
  • tape runner or adhesive of your choice
  • 4x6 vertical photo or TWO 4x3 horizontal photo

Suggested Supplies (If you have the following please bring but we will have these supplies available)
  • foam pad (like the ones you get when you but brads, or you can glue 3 or 4 pieces of craft foam together)
  • edge distressor
  • stylus for embossing (one with a medium ball is perfect)


You will learn some distressing techniques, layering techniques and you see that wonderful brown flower??? You are going to learn how to make that!

Note:  We are limiting these layout classes to 6 students so please sign up early to avoid disappointment.  Those interested in a class kit, please let us know.  The kits will be $20 and will include written instructions.



Cards by Debbie
Let's not forget about our returning teacher....Debbie!  Thank goodness for Debbie.  Have a look at these adorable baby cards!


You will create three sweet baby cards using various dies, stamps (Hero Arts), designer paper and more.

Date:  Wednesday, September 28
Time:  6-8pm
Cost:  $18+HST
Required Supplies:  Scissors, adhesive

NOTE:  As always, all of our classes come with a delicious sweet treat from Homebaked Kitchen Co.  A paper project and a gourmet dessert?  Life is good!

How to Register:
If you are interested in signing up for a class, please call the store (519-351-5220) or stop in during store hours to register.  No emails or blog comments please.....I would hate to miss you!

Kim

PS....This Saturday is the third Saturday of the month.  That means we will have a FREE make and take.  Stop by anytime between 10am-2pm and have a little fun with us!

Store Hours
Wed-Fri - 10am-5pm
Sat - 10am-3pm

No comments: