Thursday, June 18, 2015

Gift Idea #2 - Mason Jar with Creative Tag



Today, as I waited for a repair man, I decided to put my down time to good use.  I thought the store needed a little cheer so I cut some beautiful coreopsis from my garden, grabbed a spare mason jar and headed to the craft room to make a little tag.  This is a great little gift that does not have to cost a fortune and you can pull together in 20 minutes tops!


I started by cutting a square from the gorgeous Webster's Pages 12x12 sheet called What a Day.  This sheet is filled with possibilities.  What I think is smart, is to chop up the sheet and have these 2x2 squares ready for when you need it.  Perfect for tags, cards or embellishments on pages.  The colours are incredible!  Here's a closer look....


The next step was to crack open a pack of Simple Stories Bits and Pieces from the "I AM" collection.  You guys all know what I think of this line!  Seriously there are tons and tons of fun in this pack.  The colours are so vibrant and what you cannot see here is all the fabulous gold foil......lovvvvveee it.

Finally a little signature twine, some gorgeous burlap/lace combo from our local fabric store (RB Fabrics) and a MFT paper flower that I already had cut from another day (yay me!) and a little distress ink.  That's it.  Done.  

This. Makes. Me. Happy.

Kim

Store Hours
Wed-Fri - 10am-5pm
Sat - 10am-3pm



No comments: