Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Paper Pickle CLOSING - February 23

It has been one wonderful and AWESOME ride!

I wasn't sure when this day would come but it is here.  It is time to close the doors to our beautiful store at 44 Fourth Street, Chatham.  I have been searching through boxes and flipping through photo albums.  I have been rummaging through drawers at home and drawers at the store.  I have been scrolling through my beloved blog.  (Oh my blog!)  All of these efforts were in hopes to find THE perfect picture or note that would prompt me to write THE BEST farewell post.  And you know what I found?  Not one but many....SO MANY (!) paper clippings, ads, stories, photos......all of which have flooded me with emotion.  No single piece of our history could help me with this post.

For 15 "dill-ghtful" years, The Paper Pickle has been providing you with THE latest and greatest in paper crafting products.  My sister Kelly and I started the store because of our love of the hobby.  We were WILD and still are wild about paper.  Remember that time I told you about how we spent our very first earnings (hoeing for our dad) on beautiful scented puffy stickers from Toys R Us?  And remember the time I had my three sisters up until 1am two nights before my wedding to help me heat embossing my menu cards?  (Side note - they did look stunning in a traditional gold on mint green vellum....all thanks to supplies from Rubies!)  And remember the time I told you how we felt when we got our very first wholesale order? It was from River City Rubber Works and we frantically TORE into the box on my dining room table....oh, it was like Christmas! 

It has always been like Christmas.  We have felt great anticipation for each and every event we hosted and/or took part in.  We have always put our hearts into EVERY detail and EVERY preparation.  And like Christmas, when the event arrived, oh wow!  The great JOY and PRIDE we felt was truly overwhelming.  You would tell us that we had the nicest booth or the most beautiful card.  You would tell us that we were your HAPPY PLACE and where you needed to visit to escape.  You liked us.....you really liked us.  This response and YOUR support gave us energy and kept us petaling all these years.  It has been one wonderful and AWESOME ride.

Sale starts Wednesday....Spread the word!
I could go on and on here but I better not.   I do hope, however, you will allow me to share a few stories with you over the next 6 weeks.  I am amazed at the history I have uncovered including how my hair has transformed over the past 15 years?!?  Honestly, what was I thinking with that cut (or lack thereof) in the photo above?!  Ha. 

How Can YOU Help?
You can help me by spreading the word that the LAST DAY will be February 23 and by passing on our specials with your friends.  As you know, we have beautiful, current product in the store ALL looking for a good home.  And at 40% off?  You better grab it before it is gone!

We will be offering extended hours for your shopping convenience.  We will be open until 8pm THIS Thursday.  Come and see me and share your favourite hairstyle story with me!


Homebaked Kitchen is NOT Closing!
You will be thrilled to hear that my sister Jen is NOT closing her incredible bake shop but rather MOVING her business.  She is still working out the details but I promise to keep you posted. You can help by spreading this news as well.  I would hate for my decision to negatively affect her business.  Thank you in advance for your help!


2nd Last Make & Take - THIS Saturday!
As you know we have this cool thing that happens on the third Saturday of each month.  We host a FREE make and take where you get to make a fun project lead by my daughter, Julia.  Join us THIS Saturday for our 2nd last event.  It will be awesome.  Stop in anytime between 10-3pm.

So?  How did I do?  I will admit that I had a few tears while I wrote this.  Thank goodness I didn't do a farewell video.....no one needs to see that!   But in all honestly, please know that a tremendous amount of thought has gone into this decision.  I hope you understand and I am not letting you down. 

♥ Kim

Store Hours
Wednesday - 10am-5pm
Thursday - 10am-8pm **special extended hours
Friday - 10am-5pm
Saturday - 10am-3pm
***Please note that hours may be extended on other dates based on your feedback.  Please let me know your thoughts.  We would love to see you before we close!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm and crushed and saddened and grateful for the years we had you all at the same time. Thank you for proving an out-of-the-boxstore experience that we are unlikely to get for years to come. Maybe someone will come along and fill your shoes, but they are fancy, beautiful shoes, and one-of-a-kind. You will be missed. Thank you for proving a place for the crafty community to engage and socialize and buy beautiful, beautiful things.

LindaH said...

Even though I have moved on from paper crafting to enjoy my first love of sewing your store and your smile and hugs will always hold a special place in my heart. Remember those Saturday morning ‘staff meetings’ when Pauline and I would show up Saturday morning when the store opened to share our latest creations. Man, what fun we had. They were special years and I am grateful for them. Good luck in everything you do.