Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Stars Are Aligning - Altenew & Prima


When I was at CHA this past winter, there was one new stamp company that really stood out to me.  That company was Altenew.  I did the little make and take with the owner and I was very impressed with the quality of the polymer stamps.  They were firm and stamped cleanly every time.  There was no beading of ink.  And the images?  Beautiful.

I am pleased to announce that Altenew is finally  here at The Paper Pickle!  Have a look at just some of the stamp sets that I have brought in.  You will see the beautiful stamp sets and I tried to pair with samples found on various blogs.  I will tell you that it was not hard  finding gorgeous samples.  Just google "Altenew" for yourself.  The stamping world is going NUTS for this company!


Vintage Flowers


 Many of Altenew's sets are a three step stamp meaning you can layer three stamps in various colours and shades to create some pretty incredible cards.  Have a look for yourself.....awesome.





Golden Garden
I really liked this set called Golden Garden as it was different than anything else I have carried.  I love the whimsical lines.  I adore what kiwikoncepts.com was beginning to create below with these stamps and some beautiful watercolors (take note...just a little foreshadowing for you with the reference to watercolors).


Painted Flowers
 This is the set I worked with at CHA and the reason I fell so hard.  Have a look at Lydia Evan's card.  So pretty.

Label Love
Need a versatile sentiment stamp set to pair with these florals and your collection?  This is it.





Way Too Sweet
You will notice this stamp set is a little more whimsical and fun compared to the elegant florals above but I could not resist.  I have a couple young stampers in my house that I know will have a lot of fun this summer creating cards with this set.


Wild Hibiscus
 When I found Lydia Evan's card using the wild Hibiscus stamp set, I knew I had to order it in.  She achieved a very different look with this set by stamping in a light pink ink and then coming in with watercolors to give it an incredible pop!

Bottle Of
 Hello fun guys cards!  Or friends cards or anything really!  I just love how different this set is.

So what do you think?  Have I picked a winner?  I cannot wait to get designing with these stamps!


Prima - Watercolor Confections


I made reference above to another amazing product that has made its way to The Pickle.  Check out Prima's high quality watercolor pan sets.  There are three to choose from:  Decadent Pies, The Classics and Tropicals. Isn't the packaging adorable?  Prima gets me every time with there incredible eye for detail. 


 Here is the inside of the set.  They come with these adorable little paint cubes that you unwrap like a little candy to expose these high quality, vibrant colours.  There are also 6 wells were you can mix paints.  They have also given you a swatch card so you can reference  for colour.  I HAD to get into these the moment they arrived.  I played with "The Classics" set and I really loved how vibrant these paints were.....a very nice compliment to the watercolor pencils from Prima that I adore.

 Here is a swatch sheet of colours by Kristina Werner.  Could you choose just one to get started?

So yeah.  It's all happening at The Pickle.  And trust me, this is not all.  Pop into the store  and see what else you can spy.

Kim

Store Hours
Wed-Fri - 10am-5pm
Sat - 10am-3pm


No comments: