Friday, January 1, 2016

WOW - Tag Swap 2015

I thought it would be fun to ring in 2016 with a little creative inspiration.  No need to search the web/world for creativeness....your neighbours and fellow crafters have got it going on!  

As you know we had our third annual Christmas tag swap.  We had two full groups (24 in total).  You may remember that I put a little plea out there to help fill the remaining spots.  There was such support, that I got bumped from the exchange!  I am bummed that I do not get any of these lovely creations for my collection.  I did however borrow my sister's light box to capture some wonderful shots.  I would have loved to showed all the close up detail shots I took but this blog would have taken me days to post!  Ha.  Do your best to zoom in to see all the details.  I was blown away with the amount of thought and detail put into each and every submission.

Without further ado, I give you The Pickle's 2015 Christmas tags created by YOU and your friends!  

Barb's choice of stamps from Penny Black
 makes this one of my favourites.
Also the little details like stencils/embossing paste,
embossing and glitter are incredible. 


Becky's tag made me smile.  I was delighted to see her choice of background papers.
This is non-Christmas paper from MME but it has always been at the top of my list.
Also the little knock out punch, flowers and twine are the perfect embellishments.

Barbara's Etch-a-Sketch inspired tag is ADORABLE!
She even popped up the circle controller knobs.
And A+ for using Hero Art new stamp set called Homebaked.  


Elegant meets distress.  Bonnie has won my heart!
I love the fibrous twine, glittered sled and use of stencils.
The star and rhinestone accents are very clever. 

You must know that Brianna is 8 years old.
She is a part of a three generations of customers
who entered this exchange.
 I cannot say how happy this makes me.
Awesome.

I remember how pleasantly surprised I was when
I opened Carol's bag of tags.
They were so fresh.  So clean.
So pretty with the lime green background,
vintage twine and dimensional wreath.

Debbie's tags are so elegant.
The top layer is vellum which was embossed on the left
and heat embossed in white on the right.
There are incredible snowflakes with rhinestones on the blue cardstock backer.
The little jingle bell is  a very nice touch.

I love the shape of Donna's tag which is long and slender
like a bookmark.  The blue foil paper was the perfect backdrop
for the elegant snowflake background die and tree.

Doreen's dimensional poinsettia tag is stunning
and anyone who received this would have to hang this on their tree!
I loved her use of shimmer spray on the entire tag.  It really shined!

Erin has done a wonderful job with her tag.  It is so creative!
See....sometimes all you need are your scissors
and beautiful papers to create a masterpiece.


Hilary is all about playing and experimenting
and that is what I love about her designs!
 I loved the simple die cut trees along the bottom
that were highlighted with embossing powder.
Hilary's daughter, Sally is also in this swap!
Helen is apart of my three generations of entries.
Helen is Brianna's grandmother.
This tag is so regal and is so appealing to the eye.
The light tissue paper weight leaves were incredible.

There is something about ginger bread men that make you smile.
Holly has design such a sweet tag.
 The decorative shape, glitter paper and dimensional
Merry Christmas tag are wonderful.

Jasmine's tag is a mini mixed media masterpiece.
I will have to ask her where she found those rhinestones and mini beads!
Jasmine is apart of another mother/daughter entry.
Her mom is Nancy P (the mason jar tag to follow). 

It is very had to capture here in a photo but Jody's tag is awesome!
It is a shaker tag bursting with shine and elegance.
I love the pearl at the top of the tree and subtle washi tape on the bottom.

Jolene's tag is so crafty and FUN!
She used washi tape for the sentiment and
pretty traditional colour for the
 background paper and burlap ribbon.

Let me introduce you to Karrie.
She is Brianna's mom and Helen's daughter.
Is this tag not adorable?!
 Her use of  vintage style sheet music paper is very creative.

There is so much detail of Kathy's tag!
This is something I have noticed on all her creations and it is wonderful.
Zoom in to see the shimmery hills, glittery background papers,
beautiful button and fun trimmings.  Stunning.

Layers and layers of dies.  I loved how Lou chose to use
Christmas dies and a few every day dies to create a soft shimmery tag.
Another tag that must been seen in person to be truly appreciated.

And now Jasmine's mom Nancy's tag!
She used real wire at the top of her tag and
even used heat shrink to add her berries and holly.
It too could be a perfect ornament on a tree!
 I love this.

Tim H. himself would be impressed with Pat's use of his product.
Again there is so much dimension and detail here.
A little masculine and 100% classic.  

Another very creative entry.  Sally (who is Hilary's daughter) was
definitely busy punching and stitching.
Simple and clever. ...always the perfect combination.
Awesome!
One look at Sue's tag and you can't help but smile.
 I love the oversized jingle bell,embossed shimmer
background and ribbon.
Adorable. 

Shannon is another girl who is not afraid to get her fingers inky!
Check out her stunning background techniques.
So many of these stamps bring back wonderful memories.
I love the bottom holly punched edge.

Wowed?  I told you so!  My customers have always inspired me and given me such wonderful ideas and tips over the years.  Thank you for that!

And finally I promised the girls who entered that there would be a little draw.  Those who used Paper Pickle product received one ballot (and you all got one)!  The winner of $50 of FUN Pickle product is.......

Pat G!  This was a random draw and you can thank my son for choosing you as the winner!  Your winnings will be ready for pick up during store hours.

Hopefully this post gives you that little spark you need to get creating!  Happy New Year!!

Kim

PS.....We will closed tomorrow (Jan 2) but resuming regular store hours next week.  Wednesday-Friday 10-5 and Saturday 10-3.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

All the tags look AMAZING! What talented customers {friends ;) } you have, at 'The Pickle'! I have been trying to remember where I found those rhinestones {and have wished, more than once, that I had bought more than 1 pack} ... The 'birdie' beads came from an ETSY supplier!
Looking forward to the next SWAP!
- Jasmine