Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Zonta LOVE


Is it possible to always be in love?  It is if you are a part of the paper crafting world!  On Saturday April 18, I was apart of another incredible event - The Zonta Card Making Extravaganza.  A very lucky 64 participated in this all day event.  I say lucky because tickets for this event are getting harder and harder to get.  The past two events (one in the fall and this one in the spring) sold out before the early bird date.  That speaks volumes....the organizers should be very proud.

Above you will see the card I designed for my session.  We worked with Prima's watercolor pencils and Penny Black's April in Paris stamp. People were able to choose their own colours.  I kept the design very simple and relied on the watercolor pencils to do the work to create a beautiful finished product.

So there are 8 participants at each table.  We are given 30 minutes to teach our card.  My table was a little busy looking but it was colourful chaos and I LOVED it!  I don't know if it was because of the long winter, but the card I designed was ALL about colour.  No usual kraft paper or my signature twine.  Do you ever get like this too?  I told the ladies that when I was creating this card, it was as if I "checked" my stress at the craft room door.  These watercolor pencils have been so therapeutic for me.  To be truthful, regular colouring (with copics, etc.) can be somewhat intimidating for me.  I love that I can quickly "colour" and then use the water to "play".  Unique results can be achieved on each and every project.  This I LOVE.....you should see what I was working on last weekend (pictures to follow in another post).

Participating merchants are able to bring products for sale (and what girl doesn't like to shop?).  I set up a pretty little table at the event with just a few of my favourite things.

I just had to finish this post with a photo I took of these beautiful daffodils in my gold foil mason jar (which I made a while ago).  I also brought along a few other watercolor cards.  I know you have all seen this girl before, but look how lovely she looks with my mason jar and flowers.  I have realized in my older and wiser years that it is all about celebrating the little things that make you happy.  THIS makes me happy and I had to share this with you.  Don't be afraid or too busy to take a moment to create beautiful surroundings for yourself.  Bring out the pottery for your "every day" meal.  Cut some pretty flowers and bring them to work to brighten up your space.  Sprinkle some of your paper creations around to make you smile.  Everywhere I look in my house or office, I see pretty paper.  I truly could not imagine my life without it.  These little celebrated moments are good for the soul.

Smile....spring is here!

Kim

Store Hours
Wed-Fri - 10am-5pm
Sat - 10am-3pm



No comments: