Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Retro LOVE - Just Awesome!


Wow!  We just got through only THE most amazing weekend right here in Chatham-Kent!  The 11th annual Retrofest took place and it was THE biggest and best one to date!  You all know that I am one of Chatham's biggest cheerleaders.  This past weekend made me so proud to call Chatham my home.

Have a look at the pictures from the weekend:

This is my youngest enjoying the HUGE sand box that was set up in front of the DCC.
 It was cool Friday night, but the kids did not mind as they dug in the sand!

At 8pm Friday night, I enjoyed 'A Night of Awesome' at The Capitol Theatre with three
of the most awesome girls that I know!  Neil Pasrica, the author of The Book of Awesome,
was a great guest speaker and such a nice person!
We even got him to sign our books after the show.....awesome!

I was thrilled when I walked up to the store Saturday morning
to see these vehicles parked in front of the store!  What a beautiful day we had!


Here is another look at the VW .  Notice my new (but temporary) sign?
Something a little more permanent is on its way but I am thrilled to have all my
old signage down at our previous location.

Ok.  How fun is this?  Big Boy was standing right in front of the Retro Suites!
We enjoyed dinner at The Chilled Cork before the BIG Trews concert in Tecumseh Park.
Oh yeah....the lead singer was dining at the table next to us.....ahhhh (swoon)!  
I cannot wait to add all of these little pictures to my SmashBook!  Actually, I am very tempted to start a new Smashbook to document only Retrofest related items.  The NEW Nostalgia themed album ($14.99) would be just perfect!  Here are the pre-printed pages in the Nostalgia album.  I think it will be perfect!



I am still on a high from the weekend's festivities!  I cannot wait to celebrate with Chatham again at this weekend's Blues Fest at The Capitol Theatre!

Kim

Store Hours
Wednesday 10am-5pm
Thursday 10am-4pm
Saturday 9:30am-3pm



1 comment:

Jasmine said...

It was a great weekend - and a great concert! That book would be fantastic just do designate for Retrofest! Chatham is a fantastic place to be!
Jasmine