Thursday, November 24, 2011

Black Friday Special

Have you noticed that more and more Canadian businesses are talking about their Black Friday specials?  I wonder if it is a "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality and/or businesses trying to make a statement?  More than ever it is SO important to shop locally and if not locally, how about Canadian?

I will tell you that 100% of my Christmas purchases, this year, will be Canadian and most likely 90% of them will be from Chatham-Kent.  That is just how I roll....I like knowing that my Christmas spending will be with my friends like Christy from DeKoKo's (the not only fantastic coffee shop next door but our very own Chatham-Kent Etsy store front!), or Lesli from Ella Minnow Pea (awesome TOY store!!), or Barb from The Barrypatch (Canadian pottery and gifts), or Eddie from Boyes N Herd (men's clothing store) or Todd from Smith Cycle (a real traditional bicycle store) or Pauline from Eve Chocolatier (only like THE best chocolate store ever) or Jackie from Rachel's Room (fantastic women's clothing store....oh, hey wait.  Maybe I am the one hinting about a gift card from there!).  I could go on and on..... I'm sorry.  I don't like to use my blog to make political statements but sometimes people need to hear how important shopping locally and Canadian is.  Maybe if enough of us say it, the more will listen and the sooner we will begin to see improvements in our own community.

So without further ado, I present The Paper Pickle's very first Black Friday promotion......This Friday and Saturday ONLY:


  • Shop Tax FREE 
  • Amazing 50% OFF sales table with items from:
    • Pink Paislee, 
    • My Mind's Eye
    • Kaiser Craft and more
  • ALL RIBBON - BOGO....BUY ONE Get ONE FREE
Just think of this as a little thank you to those of you who have chosen to shop locally this weekend.  I sincerely appreciate your business.  Truly I do......Kim

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks Kim.
I noticed quite a few Black Friday sales locally and did a little of my own shopping this weekend - right on King Street. Saved 20% on a gorgeous sweater at Luxe (plus, made out my own "wish list")
See you Tuesday!

crazy4scrappin said...

Too bad I missed it...was away on a hockey tournament!!!