Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year's Resolution I Can Keep

*





*





*




*


*
I know what you are thinking....yeah right! No one EVER sticks to their New Year's Resolutions. But I think I have finally found one that everyone should make AND can stick to. My resolution is to do things that make me happy. Vague, yes but at the same time all encompassing. And with almost a whole day of 2010 under my belt I think I have stuck with my promise to myself.

Take a look at this project I worked on today. It is Kaiser Craft's 2009 album. I worked entirely with Basic Grey's latest line called Origins, a few strands of twine, some rub-ons & metal embellishments and VOILA....something that make me happy! This project just makes me smile. These were our very first professional family photos. BJ & Melanie of Fairytales Photography did the most amazing job. Their style is very rustic, vintage-y and well...me. I'm sure you will be seeing many more projects from this session!



Projects like this make me happy because they take no time to complete. The album is 6.5x6.5 and has a total of 8 pages and can very easily be completed in a few hours. And what makes life easy is when you work with collection packs. As mentioned, I used the Origins collection. There are 18 double sided papers, a sheet of alphabet stickers and sticker embellishments. Pair this with their chipboard embellishment stickers (sold separately) and you're laughing!



What do you guys think of the colours of this collection? Yellows, greens, black AND browns. Yes, the colour palette is kind of all over the place but it just works. Don't be afraid to different colour combinations like this on your pages or cards.

Update on Classes
The teachers are busy working on their projects for the upcoming classes. We will resume classes around the middle of the month.

4 comments:

crazy4scrappin said...

Oh course...me first...I love this album and the paper is perfect...you did a fabulous job and it only makes sense that is makes you smile. You all look wonderful.
Thanks for the Christmas card and I will stopping in the store soon.
Happy 2010!!!!

Marcie Sharp said...

Your resolution makes sense to me...that's my resolution as well! Beautiful album, can't wait to see what the next classes will be!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

OMG....FABULOUS....then again when you work with such a beautiful family what would one expect. Love love love the colours and everything you did with this creation.....YOU ROCK!!!!!

K1 said...

Thank you for the nice comments, girls. This project was just to fun. I am already dreaming up my next project!