Friday, August 12, 2016

Saturday = Make & Take Time!

Last week I announced that we were having fun, FREE make and takes every Saturday in the month of August.  Thank you to all the lovely people who came out for our first session last Saturday!  I was very impressed with the number of people who stopped in for a little colouring card.

I was also equally impressed, if not amazed, with my teacher, Julia.  I have often said that one of the coolest things about being a mom is watching your children grow and learn.  I loved when the kids said their first word "mama" but I was just as thrilled when that word changed to "mommy" and then to "mom"....it meant they were advancing and I have a front row seat to watch them blossom right in front of my eyes.  So you can just imagine how proud I was last Saturday as I watched my "little stamper" lead her first make and take on her own.  I asked if she wanted to watch me first and then lead the next group on her own.  She said, "It doesn't matter" but then in the next breath she went on to say "Ok.  Take your white card stock out and fold it on the score line".  Really?  When I heard this, I knew she was just fine.  Ha.

This Saturday, join us between 10-2 for a make and take using Inka Gold.  We will create a wash to turn plain old matte white card stock into a shimmery beauty.  This will be a similar technique to that used on my Zonta card this past spring.  If you need a little refresher or if you would like to have a little fun, stop by.  We would love to see you!

Kim

Store Hours
Wed-Fri - 10am-5pm
Sat - 10am-3pm

No comments: