Monday, May 30, 2011

Relay for Life + Usborne Books = Let's Beat Cancer

I just had an Usborne Book party with my family and a few close friends and we raised $71 for the Relay for Life team called "Hope is Cumming".  An amazingly brave, friendly and very generous woman named Jessica is donating all of her commissions from the party to her Relay for Life team.  Jessica will be walking with her team beginning at 7pm on June 17th and finishing at 7am the next morning.  You may wonder why someone would donate 100% of her pay to this team?  It is because 4 months after giving birth to her beautiful daughter, she found out she had cancer and had to undergo months of chemo.  Today, Jessica looks amazing and is in remission!

The reason I am tell you all this is because I think we have a chance to raise even more money for this great cause!  I am keeping my party open until Friday night.  Anyone interested in ordering, can come into the store and check out the catalogues or go online to see these gorgeous children's books.  Orders can be placed at the store or you can email me at paperpickle@bellnet.ca to help out!  I have a bunch of the Usborne books and they are so well made....my kids LOVE them.  Julia's favourite is "Big Book of Fairy Things to make and Do" and Coulter recommends "Big & Little". 

No comments: